November Newsletter and Updates
Hi everyone! This newsletter is LONG but it has lots of vital information. Please do make sure you read it and either flag it, star it, print it out, something so you can refer back to it as needed.
Where was Valerie last week??
As you may or may not know, I was out all this week from the studio. We’ve had kind of an adventure… I’ve been dealing with some pretty rotten low back pain on my right side for couple weeks now. Last Friday I saw my doctor and she verified that it not a kidney infection and suggested treating it with massage, a heating pad, and Bengay. Saturday morning it was even worse and came with nausea and vomiting every two hours. Sunday was better, Monday was back to Saturday’s level of pain again. Monday I went back to the doctor. This time she guessed it was a kidney stone and sent me home with muscle relaxers and pain killers. Thursday I had my regular weekly appointment. This is where things got really exciting… (ha.) My blood pressure was very high, Vera’s heart rate was high, and I was still in a lot of pain. They hooked me up to a monitor for about half an hour and Vera’s heart rate calmed down, but I was having some small contractions. Sooooo, I was admitted to the hospital for 24 hours for IV fluids and even stronger meds.
To make long story just a little bit shorter, after an ultrasound of my kidneys and a CT scan, they decided that I don’t have kidney stones and that Vera is pressing on my kidneys causing fluid to back up there and causing me a lot of pain. Really the only solution to the problem is getting her out of there. My doctor said in this case, the earliest she’d consider induction is 38 weeks considering that I can manage the pain with medication and rest at home.
So it’s looking like I may not be back to the studio at all until after Vera is born. The good news is, I’ll be 37 weeks tomorrow so there was a chance I’d be gone very soon anyway.
I had thought I’d be around to accept November tuition and we’d only need these instructions for December tuition, but here we are.
All tuition needs to be placed in the drop box with the dancers name and what it’s for on memo line. Cash needs to be in envelopes with that information on the outside. The instructors won’t be able to make change, so any money you drop off will just be credited to your account. We won’t be able to accept any credit card payments while I’m out. Instructors will NOT have access to your account balances and will not be able to tell you exactly what you owe. If you have questions, please email me and I can give you exact totals. I am still managing the financial aspect of the studio while I’m away.
November tuition is full price. December tuition is half price.
Believe it or not, it’s already time to start thinking about recital. Recital costume deposits are due by the dancer’s last class in December. We ask for a 50% deposit of the total amount due. Costumes $65 for each class they take. Dancers in the 5-7yr Ballet/Jazz classes will only need one costume, but will perform 2 dances. Dancers enrolled in the conditioning/stretch classes do NOT need a costume for that class. Company classes do need to be included, as they’re in two dances, but have already paid for one. If you have any questions about how much you owe, please email me. These payments must also go in the drop box in the lobby clearly labeled as to what they’re for. Please please make sure you put something in the memo line about what the check is for so it gets properly credited. I use two separate programs for tuition and costume money and it gets very confusing if you don’t indicate where you want the money to be applied.
Holidays and Inclement Weather
We are closed for Thanksgiving Break, Wednesday November 26 through Sunday November 30.
The last day of class before Christmas break is Saturday, December 13.
Parent observation week is the last week of class before Christmas and I’ll have more information about that coming your way soon.
We follow Knox County Schools lead when it comes to closing for weather. If it is necessary to close the studio due to inclement weather, I will post on the Facebook page, our website (www.riversongdancestudio.com), and change the outgoing message on the voicemail. Please check these places before coming to class if you’re unsure if we’re open. Classes missed due to weather closings may be made up, but tuition prices remain the same.
I posted on Facebook, but I’m not sure everyone heard the good news about the studio expanding! Work has already begun on the vacant space next door that used to be I Love NY Pizza. This space will become our third studio and an office. This new studio will be slightly larger than our current large studio and will be accessible through a doorway cut in the lobby. I’m not sure what sort of timeline we’re looking at just yet, but as soon as I know when we’ll be able to move classes in to the new studio, I’ll let you know. Classes will continue as scheduled. I don’t anticipate needing to close for construction on the new space.
Questions or Concerns?
Email me! I’ll check the voicemail periodically, but email is the best way to get in touch. I’m mostly just stuck on bed rest watching Netflix, so I’m happy to address any questions or concerns you may have.
I didn’t intend to be out of the studio this early, but it just kind of is what it is. I’ve been very fortunate to be able do do as much as I have throughout my pregnancy and I’m just having to slow down a bit at the finish line. I know I’m leaving all of my classes in good hands with my instructors, but I miss you all already!!!